How did it happen?
At the beginning there was the reluctance to buy any more apparel for which people got exploited.
And dissatisfaction with the Fair Trade offer.
„So I do it myself“ was the conclusion.
Only that was easier said then done.
But I knew what it should become: STAINLESS
Stainless is a game of words, meaning without stain and flawless at the same time.
Of course apparel can become dirty but I can do my best that it is produced as ethically and organic as possible.
For that you need quite something:
- Learn how to sew
- Learn how to make pattern
- Learn how to digitise pattern
- Understand the Fair Trade system
- Accomplish a Fair Trade certification for Stainless
- Find buisiness partners that are willing to supply small quantities
- Establish a buisiness a buisiness relation with partners in India
- Export and Importiert
- Build a webshop
Now there is Stainless! After a 1000 Shirts sewn by myself, we have the first collection sewn in India.
Without investors and external finance.
Without agents or other multipliers, but with a direct business relation to India!
But with the help of a lot of friends. Without Adam, Diana and Maarten it would have been difficult.
And now: Buy a shirt, save the world!
Be Part of tomorrow